The construction of the new passenger terminal takes place at maximum speed. Four times larger than the old terminal, the new terminal at Florianópolis International Airport offers large areas for passengers and visitors to use, with a comfortable atmosphere and welcoming colors, in addition to being equipped with cutting-edge technology and offering differentiated shopping possibilities. As the integration of the new terminal with the nature of the island is something important to us, it brings in its architectural features lines that refer to the landscape of Florianópolis, as well as the colors and other elements of the region.
The new terminal opened on October 1, 2019 and has already been elected the best airport in Brazil twice among the largest airports in the country.
- Start of works: January 15, 2018
- Opening: October 1, 2019
- Terminal size: 49 thousand square meters
- Investments: BRL 550 million
- Capacity: 8 million passengers per year
- Two floors, one for boarding and one for disembarking.
- 10 fingers to connect passengers and aircraft.
- Parking includes 2.580 spaces + VIP parking
- Commercial area: approximately 5.000 square meters
- Check-in: number of counters - 45 positions
- Baggage claim belts: 8, being 2 international, 5 domestic and 01 reversible
- Departure gates: 13 boarding gates, 2 international, 11 domestic
Much more than transit passengers
The international expertise of the new commanders assures Santa Catarina an airport that is not just a place for passengers in transit. The living spaces, including areas for cultural exhibitions, the multiple services, the high quality of free internet, the elaborate cuisine will serve as a space both for a work meeting and for the trivial needs of people's daily lives. For this, the airport will have approximately 5 thousand square meters of commercial area, including a food court.
Another novelty is a viewing terrace, with a panoramic view of the patio where the aircraft are located, because the new terminal will inevitably be a place to awaken and discover the passion for the spectacular universe of aviation.